- Saturday | May 26, 2018
- 9:30 am
- 1 Reserve St, West Ryde, NSW 2114
The information contained here is also available in further detail at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_L9B-P1ih9Z8OrmPSxuySuuQZ9vNx5fVBz8eCFlEsDY/edit
What is it?
- It covers areas of safe spaces (accidents, hazards), protecting people (abuse, bullying), leadership training (character, due diligence) and safe programs (ministry practice, reporting incidents).
Who is it for?
- It is not just for those who work with kids.
- It is mandatory training for anyone who does any volunteer work in the church. It is a denominational requirement that for all who serve in any ministry.
- CSS expires every 3 years – contact to inquire if you are not sure if you’re training has expired.
- If you are not up-to-date in CSS training, please make arrangements ASAP.
It is a mandatory training for all volunteer workers in churches in the Baptist denomination.
What if I can’t make it?
- If you’re unable to make the training day, you must complete training at another local church that offers it.
Register at http://creatingsafespaces.org.au/events/
What changes have been made to the training?
- There is no longer a separate ‘full course’ and ‘refresher course’. There is only one course now offered which covers both.
- The length of the course has been shortened to only 3 hours (previously 6 hours). To make this possible, a online module has been introduced which must be completed BEFORE the face-to-face workshop.
What if I need help?
- If you need help accessing a computer with Internet for the online module – contact Pastor Joseph () and we’ll organise a time for you to come into the church office to have access to a computer
- The online module is only available in English.
- If you need help because of language difficulties please contact our administrator Florence () to arrange a time to come in to the office and complete with someone.
- The face-to-face training will be conducted in English. If you need interpreting, please contact Pastor Joseph and we’ll make necessary arrangements.